Thursday, September 08, 2005

The president of our Covington group, Rosalie Quigley, [pictured here in New Orleans last June] has been heard from and is OK in her home in Covington. "I have heard from Lucille Brinz, New Orleans and she is safe in Baton Rouge. I know Rosalie Quigley, Betty Ketchum, Lynda Schwartz and Sandy Wall (all Covington ocds) are safe in their homes in Covington with no electricity. I evacuated to Memphis, TN with my family and are waiting to go home when we have power. I know my home has little to no damage (thank you, St. Joseph) ...my daughter's home has lots of tree damage. But we are safe and are truly the lucky ones. I pray everyone is safe. Thank you for your prayers." [Suzette McGoey, ocds of Covington]

Word from Vidalia: "Thanks for the great blog site! With permission from our various pastors, we've put a notice in the local church bulletins on how to contact our group. There are so many Catholics among our "displaced" that there are bound to be some OCDS's and maybe some TOC's. I will let you know if anyone turns up here." [Beth Boggess, dir. form.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home